Reflective Letter

What I learned about ENG 101 would be identifying rhetoric devices in readings and also using them in my writings. Rhetoric is all around us, not just in books. I can be used in propaganda,  news, and movie trailers. In my writings, I learned how to use rhetoric to make my writing more authentic and to sound more professional. There are many rhetoric devices that I learned throughout the semester but the 3  main devices that are crucial for writing are Pathos, Ethos and Logos. These 3 are called the 3 Rhetorical Appeals.

From the Syllabus I feel that I was able to achieve its objectives. For example, being able to understand our readings from ” Weapons of Math Destruction’s” and being able to come u[p with a topic for my final paper due to this book which gave me an idea in how society is being controlled or maintained in a certain way. I also learned how to identify rhetoric devices in readings and being able to use them in my writing. Evidence of me achieving my objectives would be my Final Paper which was connected to our book we were reading “weapons of math destruction’s” and how my topic which was college admissions is a controlled system which is biased at times. Another example would be my creative non fiction writing. This paper helped me use rhetoric devices in a correct way and be able to make my writing more appealing and have more emotion to it.

My dream piece of writing would be writing about every good thing that happened to me in a form of a journal or Diary. That way I would be able to write everything in an organized way by writing down the dates in which that specific event happened. I would have everything such as rhetoric devices since they will be my experiences and I would be able to describe everything that I can remember with ease. It will be an Authentic piece of writing that I would one day would like to try.

Overall my experience in ENG 101 was a very good one and even though I had some personal issues to deal with, I was able to finally do good in this class even though I did not think I would when the semester started.