Imaginary Interview

Marco Antonio Perez 

English 101

Imaginary Interviews 

Professor Olivia Woods 

1. Author Nia E. Hulse- My question to her, Why do you believe college admissions should accept students by lottery system? 

Author- I believe that this form of decision system should be used because this way, bias against students is eliminated and everyone has a fair chance. 

Me- there is a flaw in that idea, if students are chosen randomly, students with good grades can be rejected because they were not chosen due to the lottery based system. 

1. Author Jon Marcus- My question to him, Why do u think college admissions is flawed or rigged? 

Author- the college admissions process is flawed because not only do minorities get left out, but this can be seen as a form of discrimination because they only prefer to choose students who are white and whose parents have money to bribe them or send donations to the school. 

Me- I agree with you because according to your article there are less Hispanics and African Americans being enrolled to colleges while white males are being enrolled at a higher percentage. This is unfair and this process has to change to afford an equal opportunity to all students. 

1. Author- Marshal Findlay, my question to him, Why is gender bias included in many Elite colleges?

Me-Gender bias is a big part in college admissions. Many colleges only prefer male students while females are usually rejected. Because of this, there is a less amount of students who are females. They are rejected even though they have the same grades as males or even better grades. Me- I agree with you because many students, especially females are rejected from certain elite colleges. They can have the same grades as Male students but still be rejected. This makes the colleges have a bad look on their institution which can lead to a decline in admissions If students decide to protest due to the schools gender bias when enrolling.